View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
You;ll need to contact B&N CS via phone. And since you bought it at Best Buy, they'll need a few days to enter your warranty. And if you give them a credit card for security, they mail out a replacement with a call tag for you to send the broken one back.
Then it takes about 3 business days to get the replacement Nook via UPS. They were backlogged on BB warranty entries when I called last month, so it took me two weeks from start to finish to get my replacement.

One rep said they hadn't made any changes, so the new one might crack, too. Another rep said they are reinforcing the buttons iwth metal to prevent cracking. No idea, as I haven't opened the replacement until I know they aren't going to charge my card for the new one. I have my Opus, so it hasn't been a problem. I'm also thinking about the new Sony Readers - so much lighter than the Nook...
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote