View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Regarding the automatic creation of a custom column for library availability: While several existing plugins rely on custom columns, I don’t know of any that automatically creates a custom column. Perhaps someone with more experience with the internals of Calibre could comment on this.
I wouldn't go there. The user will have a particular idea about what the column should be named, among other user preferences, like column location. They're going to end up in Preferences|Add custom column no matter what you do.

Instead, I'd suggest adding a paragraph to your help documentation explaining the steps.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote