View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Personally I strongly dislike the attempted convergence between mobile phones and PDAs. I want a small phone, but a PDA with a decent-sized (eg 4" diagonal) screen. This current generation of devices are, for me at least, too big to make good phones and too small to make good PDAs.

It really annoys me that it's becoming increasingly difficult to buy a "pure" Pocket PC (my preferred PDA); they are all becoming "merged" with phones. I don't know what I'm going to do when my current preferred PDA - an HP iPaq 4700 with a full VGA res screen - dies. HP no longer make anything similar and they're the maker I like best.

I want a PDA to be a PDA, and a phone to be a phone. They can talk to each other via Bluetooth - that works very well. I don't want a single device which is neither a good phone nor a good PDA.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote