View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
If this is something that happens regularly or the reception isn't good enough in my area (which it should be - I'm in Brooklyn) then I think I'll just have to send this thing back.

Anyone have any ideas?
I've never seen an outage at least when I have wanted to use it. But, stuff does happen. And it is probably a sprint issue and not a Kindle issue. Although I don't think that the wireless should go "off" if you have it on. It should just show "no signal". But, perhaps as a battery saving measure it does swtich off after seeing no signal for a certain amount of time.

There are probably other cells in your area. Take it somewhere and see if that resolves it. Or, perhaps Sprint has some type of status display on it's website.

I think wanting to send it back after a single outage is a bit of an over reaction.

As was mentioned you could call Kindle Customer Service, they may or may not be aware of Sprint outages. But, at least if you report it and they weren't aware of it, they could put in a trouble call to Sprint.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote