View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #57
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thok View Post
Gergith,

this is brilliant stuff, so cool, good job! I have just pried open my Kobo Glo (production date 12/2012), bought in Germany, and found it sports a 4GB MicroSD, too. It looks as if the usable partition size is 1.5GB.

Anyway, after a first look inside I closed it again but will swap the MicroSD for a 16GB during the weekend and see if there is unused space on the 4GB. And, yes, I understood that I am not to format anything on the original MicroSD.

Does anybody have a clue if there is a swap partition on the MicroSD? I'll try and work out the procedure for Linux and if any of you are interested I'll post it here.

Cheers,

Thorsten
The 4gig card should be formated/ghosted as if it was a 2 gig card. Apparently they switched to 4 gig cards but keep cloning them as if they are the 2 gig card.

So if you want, you're able to increase the size of KOBOeReader partition while leaving the rootFS and RecoveryFS partitions intact.

I, personally, felt it was safer to NEVER write to the stock 2gig (4 gig in your case). And ONLY copy it to the 16 gig, THEN resize the partition on the 16gig one.

That way if ANYTHING goes wrong, you still have a PERFECTLY original stock 2gig (4gig) sd card, that you can put back in and pretend you never hacked it
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote