View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #3
Aerys
Connoisseur
Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.

Device: iPad 2 & Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
I bought "the girl on the dock" PDF and want to convert it to Mobi format.

Is there an easy way to delete the first and last lines of every page (to remove the page numbers and the author name and book title) then remove all paragraph marks except where there's indents or a line begins with a " mark, which are standalone lines of dialog? Also need to delete all carriage returns except at the ends of each paragraph so the text can flow with different screen or font sizes.
You can crop the PDF pages removing the FIRST and LAST lines (if they are all positioned in the same location throughout all the pages) before loading/converting it to "Calibre". I usually do this for page numbers and header/footers that I don't want included in the ebook.

Just a word of advice, I usually export the PDF first into an HTML file then hand building the EPUB via Sigil before I convert it to a MOBI. It makes for a cleaner code if you know a bit of HTML/CSS.
Aerys is offline   Reply With Quote