View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #9
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
Gremlins at work?....
I hate those gremlins... and your edit, isn't that solution exactly what I just wrote in my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
For another way to set it up with two separate paragraphs, check out Toxaris' suggestion in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=208541
If you adjust the width, it allows two paragraphs side-by-side.
Thank you, could be something else to put in my back pocket.

Hmmmm... trying to get text boxes eh? This is some CSS I stripped out of a book I purchased/read, and now I use it all the time in my own EPUBs if I ever need to recreate a box (see attached image for how it looks):

Code:
div.textbox {
	background-color:#D1D3D4;
	border-bottom: 3px double;
	border-top: 3px double;
	border-left: 3px double;
	border-right: 3px double;
	padding: 1em;
	line-height: 1.7em;
	text-align: center;
}
I think it looks quite good on eink as well. Of course, you could cut out the grey background for your own purposes, and just stick with the nice box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TextBox.png
Views:	537
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	104500  
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote