View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #11
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The two I had owned briefly were the SmartQ V7 and the Archos 5IT. The Archos had some strange Archos hybrid GUI and it was horrible. The SmartQ was a bit too kluge for me.
Yeah, I'm not entirely clear on the motivation that drives companies to branch out and write their own replacement software components. I would expect they are afraid that the Android market may eventually be dominated by hardware quality and price alone, so they differentiate themselves by being Android but different. Then users are upset because the half-assed new interface doesn't work as well as the standard interface with years of development put into it.

I think it is quite amusing that the marketing campaign for the new Nexus S is simply "Pure Google". It is a recognition that a large segment of the market is looking for a stable, consistent experience when it comes to Android.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote