View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 08:47 AM   #328
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Attached is a beta that should fix the problem that @Inukami has reported. The problem is the mode the file was opened in. As noted, it has Mac style line ends which wasn't being handled by the way the plugin was opening the file. In the attached beta, I have changed this to "universal mode".

I haven't done much testing. I works with the posted file and is still working with several other test files I have.
@davidfor, @theducks & @BetterRed - Thanks for all your help. I think I downloaded the beta and the good news is that it now opens the CSV file but still not in the right format. Unfortunately all your discussion about CSV file formatting does not compute. I also tried @BetterRed attachment, but I also ran into a similar problem. When I try and import the list I get the following in the screenshot. As you can see on the left in contents it looks right but on the preview on the right, it looks very wrong. Am I doing something wrong? Or if I import will it look like the left and don't worry about the preview? Maybe I have set it up wrong...

The way I made the file was I originally had the list in Excel for Mac. I then changed/saved the file into a CSV. Nothing too weird I hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

NO ISBN When I added my paperback collection, way back when. I used Add from ISBN. (I happened to use a barcode Wedge scanner, to input those to AFI in groups of 20, so I could deal with errors)
I thought that as I didn't have many that I would need to check cover and meta anyway so that was enough information for Calibre to recognise the books. These are also the last of my paperbacks as shifted to eBooks from 2012. I thought it wouldn't take that long to import, but as you can see I have run into problems with importing the file. It might have been easier to just put them straight into Calibre when I was putting them into the spreadsheet originally, not sure why I didn't do that.

I do also have a huge manga library which I think I'm just going to use an app on my phone (Bar-Code Reader seems to be okay) to scan and paste the ISBN into Add Books from ISBN as they are all in Japanese but haven't got to that project yet...Too bad Calibre doesn't allow you to enable the computer camera to scan in books (read the posts as to why Kovid doesn't want to do this).

Inukami
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Import List Paperback List Screen Shot.png
Views:	258
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	162285  
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote