Thread: Calibre problem
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
This message usually happen if something is blocking calibre to change a file.

Possible candidate's are AV, a program that block a open book (situation e.g. import a pdf, editing metadata and parallel open the book with Acrobat for extracting data, forgot to close the book and try to save metadata) or tools like CCleaner that clean up automatically temp files after closing a web browser while calibre is actually fetching news or converting a book). Things like that.

"Calibre gives the error message that it Could not change the on disk location of this book."

None of the above had anything to do with all the error messages I've received since a few versions ago. Closing the error box fixes the problem. I don't recall seeing this error box in the latest version, so I think it might have been fixed.

Last edited by deback; 02-13-2018 at 11:58 AM.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote