View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #73
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Hitch: Yep, the K2 is not a good citizen in terms of unicode coverage .

It's much, much better on anything KF8-capable, (i.e., FW >= 3.4), and especially on FW 5.x. Complex script shaping is still touch and go, though, but that's another matter entirely. (Note that I'm speaking solely of eInk devices here, since I have zero experience with anything else in Kindle-land).

Speaking of, FW 5.6.1 saw a serious update of the font rendering engine, so some of the weird quirks w/ custom fonts might have been alleviated on those FW. (Pure conjecture, I haven't updated anything to 5.6.x on my end).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote