Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle DX and Dropbox
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #26
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
here is the primary issue. Amazon wanted the whispernet. The neat thing about whispernet is that its FREE to the end user. Your not even SUPPOSED to be able to use the internet. that whispernet is for AMAZON to deliver the content to YOU wirelessly. so how dare you complain about something your not even paying for. :-) (trying to add some humor here)

if it gets abused sprint or at&t won't be too happy they are getting almost NOTHING from amazon compared to what they WOULD be getting from you if you purchased a normally priced data plan.

part of why this works is its simplicity. add complexity and the system breaks down. (I think this is why they won't add a PAY option its too complex to manage via both amazon and the cellular provider.)

For now I am exstatic that I can download a few free books here and there google search wikipedia and my gmail and pay absolutely NOTHING for it for nearly nationwide coverage. thats pretty damned hard to beat and pretty damned hard to complain about :-)

I would never download a NORMAL pdf (ie magazine) for fear of abusing that connection.

NOW with apps coming you might have some options. Think you download a txt file and your "app" renames all those txt files to PDF. Bam now you got your PDF's

but again use too much bandwidth and WE ALL LOSE as at this point it will be easier to shut out ALL web access all together and restrict it to amazon purchases than it would be to set up any kind of pay scheme.

I say enjoy the FREE 3g nationwide internet and don't abuse it and whine about its limitations.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote