View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
Hello, has anyone tried to install the driver for Win XP recently?

I did it successfully a few months ago, but now I'm at a new job, another computer, and the driver doesn't install. Straight installation of the file fails, and pointing the installation wizard to the folder doesn't find anything.

Also, a friend tells me that he has exactly the same troubles, so it might be not just me.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking the linux.inf file might be broken. If this is the case, anyone has an older version cached somewhere? I'd like to try it.
If you read the comments at the beginning of the linux.inf script you will see that there are no drivers installed by the script. The script basically activates a driver set that is already supplied with a standard XP installation while making some registry entries necessary for the drivers use. The comments at the top of the linux.inf script also tell you where you can get the RNDIS driver set if it has somehow been removed from your XP installation.