View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #99
Masuka
Masuka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One, iPad Pro
In my opinion, it is a very impressive device. It meets most of my requirements (the main one being the ability to read PDFs), and is a huge improvement over the large-screen e-ink devices I've tried in the past. What I am not happy with, though, is ArtaTech's less-than-stellar level of support.

Since it arrived, the device has only responded to input from the stylus if it is held at a weird an unusable angle. I emailed the ArtaTech service team asking if they could send me a replacement stylus. They requested that I send them a video demonstrating the problem, which I did. It then took them nine days to come back to me, saying that they wanted me to return the whole device.

While I was waiting for a technical response, I got fed up with the situation and raised an online ticket, expressing my dissatisfaction and asking for a refund. An after-sales support guy apologised and said that a new stylus would be sent. This never happened, though, because the service team intervened and told him that they wanted the device back.

Things like work, and ArtaTech's requirement that returns be done via courier, make shipping the device back to Poland very difficult for me, which is why I wanted to try a replacement stylus first. If this didn't resolve the issue, then both styluses would have gone back with the device when I sent it off for repair. For whatever reason, they didn't seem willing to do this.

Because I'm not happy with the situation, and because I doubt that ArtaTech will get the device repaired and returned to me in a timely fashion, I'm shipping it back (at my own expense) for a full refund.

It is a good device, though, and I will probably order another one from somewhere else once I get my money back from ArtaTech.
Masuka is offline   Reply With Quote