View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
On my old Linksys router I tried optional high-gain antennas (larger rabbit ears that replaced the originals). They did make a difference. Also, make sure your router is up as high as you can place it and not behind any massive metal (such as a fridge or tucked between a PC tower and a metal desk).

I've read several on-line plans for directional antennas, mostly a shaped framework holding aluminum foil (I recall one was a modified Pringles can). Never tried those but they made sense, assuming you had the router in one corner or end of the home and only needed a boost in one direction.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote