View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpall View Post
I believe the problem is with complicated authors/titles. This book, in the PC is

\Calibre\Dematteis G_\Il territorio nello sviluppo locale. Il (378)\Il territorio nello sviluppo locale. Il - Dematteis G_.pdf

In the reader becomes

\books\Dematteis G. & Governa F_\territorio nello sviluppo locale. Il contributo del modello SLoT, Il (378)\territorio nello sviluppo locale. Il contributo del modello SLoT, Il - Dematteis G. & Governa F_.pdf
First off I better declare that I am a new user of calibre, so I am still finding my way. But my results are determined empirically; that is by actual experimentation. I originally found this thread after searching Mobileread for how to faithfully replicate the calibre library structure. As such, I didn't fully read your use case (i.e. the inclusion of dropsync into the equation) but for the purposes of clarity, I'm going to concentrate on the interaction between calibre and a usb mass storage device (assuming that is how your Sony presents itself).

I have tested the template I posted previously and it correctly builds the default calibre library folder/file structure on the root of a usb device when you use calibre to initiate the sync.
e.g. [Author]\[Book Title] [ID]\[Book Title] - [Author].pdf

The examples you have posted above ring alarm bells for me because neither adhere to the default "Calibre Library\Author\Book Name\Book Name - Author.pdf" structure used by calibre. I suspect that from a combination of using dropsync, direct copying to calibre and a misconfigured Sony plug-in, your calibre library is no longer wholly in the standard format which is why the template doesn't work for you. So do you try to correct it manually or start again from scratch? Obviously I can't decide for you since it depends on personal factors such as available time and library size. All I can offer is how I would set up calibre to ensure a consistent result:

1. Choose your canonical source of PDFs (I strongly suggest your calibre library) and make all future changes with respect to that.
2. Assuming you have a clean install of calibre and have freshly re-imported your PDFs, edit the metadata for each book paying careful attention that the author and book title values are in the correct order and that the sort values match them.
3. Edit your device plugin (Preferences\Plug-ins\Device Interface Plug-ins\Sony PRST1 and newer) and replace the template with the one I suggested. I would also suggest unticking the "author sort for author" option and "Use Sony Author format".
4. Having previously reset (or cleared all books from) your Sony, try a test sync for one book from calibre to your Sony. Hopefully the file/folder structure will now match your calibre library.

Alternatively, consider if you really need to adhere to calibre's folder/file structure. If not, follow JSWolf's advice and keep it simple.
Good luck.
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote