View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #13013
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
That was fun. Interesting views of the start of the Man-Kzin conflicts and some good characters, on both sides.

Next: F&SF May/June 2012 by Spilogale authors.

With automatic delivery I hadn't noticed that I now had the March/April and May/June issues already on my iPhone!
I seem to remember reading a Larry Niven short story about the start of the wars. It was about a human exploration ship encountered by the Kzinti. The Kzinti were going to destroy the unarmed ship and the crew, and Earth in general, were pacifists. One was not as pacifistic and used the ships photon drive to destroy the Kzinti ship. This was sometime in the mid to late '70s.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote