View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
slow1234
Enthusiast
slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
Does just the combo of eReader and LED light make your eyes uncomfortable? Or does reading, say, the newspaper have negative effects? Or working at your computer?
It's mostly the colour of the light. I have a 2LED Mighty Bright book lite that is very white in colour. I almost feel like I'm getting going to get a headache as soon as I turn it on. I don't experience the same problems with my incandescent night stand light though. However, my wife is kept awake by the night stand light so I need something that doesn't light up the room as much.

I haven't actually received my Sony Reader yet. It's on order - I'm excited to get it! I was going to check out the Sony cover that comes with the light built in. If it's not too bright, I might buy one.

Mighty Bright still makes an incandescent book light - I might check that out too.

After a bit of online research, it looks like a book light with a CCFL bulb could also be suitable. However, all the places I've found online say they're out of stock suggesting that they're not made any more. I'll keep digging.

As far as installing different bulbs via soldering/etc., that's a bit beyond my skill-set! Thanks for the idea though - I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks,
slow
slow1234 is offline   Reply With Quote