View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 12:22 AM   #38
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The older SDK targets two architectures: arm-linux and arm-none-linux-gnueabi. arm-linux is for the old 3XX devices, and is binary incompatible with the newer EABI ones. You cannot run code compiled for one system on the other (with the exception of the 360+, which had compatibility libraries for the old arm-linux binaries).

Anyway, it sounds like you don't want to be bothered compiling for pre-version 5 devices, so I won't say any more about it.
Thanks for the info. I'm a rather new PocetBook user, got my first Pocketbook device early this month. So I may have no idea what is the proven right method to build third-party software for Pocketbook. Since Koreader is designed for portable and distributable development, that's to say, anyone could setup a Koreader develop environment with only several commands. Take Pocketbook as an example, in root source tree of Koreader we can setup a toolchain with this: make pocketbook-toolchain . And it will clone the latest Pocketbook SDK from Github to Koreader's building directory. And that's all the Pocketbook-specific dependency to build Pocketbook port of Koreader. And it's confirmed that in this way the same Koreader binary can run on Pocketbook 840 with both firmware version 4.4 and 5.4. And Koreader will try to officially support Pocketbook firmware version 4.x and 5.x and possibly any later firmware within one package.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote