View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 08:32 AM   #82
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Without Play certification they would be google-less.
Not necessarily by choice.
So their pre-installed browser choices start with Edge or Firefox and of those Edge probably brings the most $upport. (The email app name is blurred but it doesn't look like Gmail.)

That's how the android game plays out.
I will never suggest k1 to non technical people until, if ever, they will fix the software.
But the device is really not bad.

The software still need heavy adjustments, they didn't put an indipendent a2 software toggle. (it's somehow integrated in the ugly launcher) and the device lacks a GSF id, so you can't manually register it, the way for example, Onyx does.

Anyway i'm using it as my main dual sim, 4g phone, in Europe, and 98% of android apps can be sideloaded and works fine.
Google maps works, though not logged in.
Gmail is standard IMAP so it works with alternate client.
Youtube alternate clients works, but ....it's eink.
The single biggest annoyance so far is google contacts/calendar that can't be really kept sync with the phone.
You have to rely on different caldav/cardav solutions.

Of course for podcast, books and newspaper it's great
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote