View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #15
RobertDDL
Whatever...
RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840, Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Gutenberg and Fadedpage teams both have it right.
You are aware that Gutenberg is not necessarily using first editions? For instance, for "Letters written during a short residence in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark" by Mary Wollstonecraft they use an edition from 1889 - http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3529/3529-h/3529-h.htm
I've proofread it against the original 1796 edition. Gutenberg has not changed the text they've scanned, but that has already been done in 1889. It's simply not the case that texts go through centuries of publishing unchanged. Also, in most cases, we do not even know the author's original version, because that's already been changed by the editor of the first edition. OK, enough of this, I'm doing my thing, and you don't deem me competent and don't approve of it, let's leave it at that.
RobertDDL is offline   Reply With Quote