View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #13
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
I guess thats the "ro.sf.lcd_density=" value in the system\build.prop

Boyue T62D firmware from 03/2015 has the value:
ro.sf.lcd_density=212

But you can verify this by yourself while comparing build.prop of v1&v2 of the ES ROMs.
If you change the dpi in the build.prop, it won't work properly and you'll have to put the original back using adb. Been there done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3t View Post
Yeah changing the DPI on phone worked. 480 it didn't like, 320 worked fine.

You just need to edit the build.prop file or there are probably a few apps on Google Play Store that would do it. I am not sure how it will effect Energy's launcher though so your mileage may vary. As for the value I think 240 is a "standard" value as well as 320 and 480.

Another thought would be to check V1 dpi and compare, I would for you but I don't use my Energy ereader anymore so don't have the tools about unfortunately.

Another alternative would be the xposed framework with per app dpi setting, might be safest route!

An alternative would be to find a multi dpi version of the APK... Google play store can also be finicky about DPI and there are some multi dpi ones of it around.
Xposed App Settings module should fix the problem. I had a similar issue with Overdrive and changing the dpi using App Settings fixed it. It took a few tries to find a dpi that worked.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote