View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
SID Display Week May 20-25

On May 20 - 25 in LA will take place the Display Week Conference, the world’s largest technical symposium and exhibition in the electronic display business. This year there will be a special event on May 22 because of the 50th anniversary of the LCD technology. On the other hand there will be about 50+ startup companies and universities in a so called I-Zone. Especially from the I-Zone we can expect to see new emerging display technologies. All in all, the Display week is expected to be bigger than ever.

Here I have found a very good summary of the top tech trends for electronic displays 2018 that perhaps we can see at the Display Week:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300636675.html

For me very interesting is this:

"Ultimate TV
Some TV makers are using quantum dots (QD) in tandem with LCD to better compete with OLEDs’ color and image quality. QD can also replace other elements, e.g., the LCD color filter and perhaps even the backlight itself at some point."

This would be a perfect basis for a new generation of eReaders.
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote