View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Just lost a whole day's work with a Sigil crash

I've been formatting a novel all day. Saving regularly. Then I entered some code into a blank html page in Code View, forgetting to have the xml Doctype stuff up top. I got a message in the preview that something was wrong. I tried to X out but the screen was frozen. Then Sigil crashed. A window came up and I chose "Relaunch." But I got a window that said my file couldn't be found.

So I waited and started Sigil on its own and opened the file, but none of the work I'd done all day was there. I thought I'd opened the wrong file but it was the right one.

As freakiness would have it this was the one time I was saving the file in only one place. <shaking head>

I just tested the selfsame file to see if it is saving changes and it is.

Anybody know what might've happened? How this was even possible? (I must have saved it fifty times.)
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote