View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Some folks are more sensitive to ghosting than others, within the same model different devices have been reported as having different ghosting levels to say nothing of different models. I wouldn't call this a bug, at least not one that can be fixed. Kobo could force two or three refreshes upon wake, but then you'd get more people complaining about the flashing and the time it took to wake. As it is now, tapping on the screen to bring up controls and then tapping again to dismiss them should trigger a refresh and with that clear the ghosting.
Thanks for everyone's feedback. I would regard it as a bug as it didn't do this on earlier versions and if you untick Show current Read in Energy Saving and Privacy, it's not an issue. I think the latest version does improve things over more recent versions, where a "ghost" image of the book cover would clearly be visible in the background, but I think the current version must still be leaving some residual image of the book cover resulting in the greying of portions of the text.
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote