View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #460
ondroso
ondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipseondroso can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Downgrade problem, from 2.8.1 to 2.5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Have you tried a factory reset yet? On the Glo, hold the power switch for about 20 seconds (this ensures the Glo is powered off). Then hold down the light switch while you power the Glo back on. Continue to hold the light switch until the LED starts blinking rapidly. You should see the restoring screen at that time.

If the factory restore worked and if you are using your computer and the Kobo Desktop application, I'd suggest that you go through the setup procedure but do not eject the Glo at the end. Take a look at the .kobo directory where you should see the upgrade directory and files. Delete the upgrade directory and the KoboRoot.tgz and manifest.md5sum files then copy the contents of the Kobo firmware 2.5.2 zip file into the .kobo directory. Safely remove the Glo and it should update your firmware.

Good luck!

Regards,
David
Hi,
so today I tried it again.. Factory restore, restored Kobo back to 2.8.1. And again after replacing files to downgrade, Kobo can`t start. Only five flashing squares.. I`ll try downgrade to another version..

anyway, thanks

ondro.
ondroso is offline   Reply With Quote