View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Is there a program that will merge prc files and...

I have fallen in love with RSS Feeds and MobiPocket reader. It takes the whole article and formats it perfectly and transfers it to my Kindle. I have hundreds and hundreds of feeds, and should reach 1000+ feeds by the weekend. The complete New York Times, Time, Newsweek, CNN, tons of blogs, USA Today, Vegas newspapers and TV station, The Miami Herald for nostalgia's sake, etc.

The problem is that a single newspaper, blog, or site might have tons of feeds... 80-something feeds, even over a hundred feeds. So I have hundreds of files in the Kindle to go through. Here's what I want.

Let's say I have:

Time News.prc
Time Opinion.prc
Time Health.prc
Time Business.prc

(Each prc file has perfectly linked TOCs that lead to the whole article).

Is there a program that will merge those files into Time.prc, with a TOC that has

Time News
Time Opinion
Time Health
Time Business

and then when you clicked on any of those you then get taken to their own respective TOCs.

That would make it a dream come true. I've cut down my Kindle subscriptions because most of it I now get for free (and easily).

Thanks!

Last edited by GatorDeb; 09-24-2008 at 05:11 AM.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote