View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #11
robilarocn
Enthusiast
robilarocn began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I know it's not an Android device, but have you considered the iPad Mini? 7.9" screen, 128GB storage and a 2048x1536 pixel screen? Lots of good reading apps available, and you can run Calibre Companion on it. To my mind it's one of the best small tablets available. I don't know why, but it seems to be difficult to buy an Android tablet with more than 64GB storage.
I had a Mini 4 for a long time, the 128GB version. Eventually gave it to my daughter.

Marvin is a great reading app but I had two issues with the Mini.

Size.. same size as my Samsung Tab S2 8". Plus the S2 actually has a better screen than the Mini (Although the mini has better battery life).

ITunes. I find Itunes to be a huge pain. I know there are ways of sideloading books onto it but the drag and drop functionality inherent in Android is just so much better. Heck, you can even easily email books to yourself and download them into moon reader in seconds. The IPad IOS is such a pain to work with when you want to do things that it doesn't like. Buy books through IBooks and its a piece of cake. Buy books from Amazon, convert them and then load into Marvin via ITunes, a huge pain.
robilarocn is offline   Reply With Quote