View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's going to have to be specific to a device/app, I'd think. They can't just make any-old ebook start collecting data willy nilly. Unless they're in cahoots with the firmware devs for device manufacturers, that javascript file is going to sit there like a lump in most cases. Kobo does some js, but I certainly don't think they do any old js. Epub3 allows js, but there's still going to be limitations on what it can do.

I rip open a lot of ebooks (including Penguin ones) from a lot of vendors and I've never come across this file. I'm guessing it's going to be found in something cloud-based or in the dedicated apps for ebook subscription programs.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote