View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 04:52 PM   #28
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I think he has a point. There is definitely a thing "bookiness". My daughter, who would rather read a paper book, has long said the same thing - albeit with different words.

She misses the feel of progress, the book mark making it's way through the book. Sure, an ebook tells you that you are 33.6% through - but it's not meeting the same visceral feel. I agree with her. I love ebooks, but I miss the sense of the size of a book and the progress of the bookmark.

I love a good leather bible with gilded edges and red letters. The smell of the leather, the heft, the "this is holy" sense of the physical item.

Now, I can list the many advantages of an ebook and reading an ebook. It is far and away my favorite way to read. But I can understand why someone could value "bookiness".
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote