View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #144
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
I really do not get why you might be thinking this.
I have the Onyx Firefly and I use it all the time in complete darkness. It is perfect.
I think it depends on your eyes.

I find that the glow models (Paperwhite and Nook Glow) are okay in dim light, but in total darkness the fonts take on a transparent blue tone that I struggle to see. Even with the darker, thicker fonts someone else suggested, it's a problem. So for night reading I tend to put the Glows up and get the eInk with a regular clip-on light. The fonts are so much darker and the contrast better it's not funny.

And Dear Hubby is a back sleeper, and frankly finds both types of lights bothersome. He says he can see both out of the corner of his eye, and doesn't like either one. So I throw a heavy blanket over the whole thing until he falls asleep. In that I'm lucky he falls asleep pretty quickly. But yes, he is bothered by the Glow as well.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote