View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Talking Mostly Solved: 6" EZReader will not display some EPUBs ?!?

Correction/addition:
The problem seemed to revolve around the topmost folder being named #1.newest - and when that was cleaned up to 1newest instead, all but a single EPUB now open fine.

Apparently having 'illegal' characters in that folder name freaked the reader's OS and/or firmware out.

The EZReader remains the best choice for me...as long as I don't mess it up somehow out of ignorance.
Now it is fixed and all is well.
to All who replied here !!!

Original query follows:
I recently got an EZReader from another member here, and it appeared to work fine - but just a little while afterwards it refused to open any EPUB files at all - just sort of winks and goes back to the same menu.

This is the same no matter which EPUB I've tried.
(TXT files open fine though...)

Just put the latest Jinke f/w on there and it does the exact same thing.
Uh-oh, now I'm really worried...
Has anyone here had this problem and maybe knows how to correct it ?!?

Thanks.

Last edited by smallhagrid; 11-25-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: solved...mostly
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote