View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #23
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laridae View Post
I use a free Android app called "AirDroid" to set up a wireless connection between the Laptop and the Tablet using the WiFi in my house. (It creates a short temporary password which I type in for security each time)

After that it is a simple matter to transfer the files to the relevant directories. If they are DRM-free ePubs, I can then import them into my Kobo e-reader software.

This method is, admittedly, more "hands-on" since you have to create the connection each time, and you need to know what directory your files are stored in. But once created, you can actually transfer Any type of file (pictures, videos, music) not just e-books. And if I want to see what files I have where I use another free app called "ES File Explorer"
That's all fine for other media but for "books" using the Calibre server allows you to see the entire catalogue of books, sorted many ways and see the covers and summaries which is much, much more "user-friendly" than searching through file folders and files to get your books; especially if you have a large quantity.
To answer the previous question, several apps allow you to use the Calibre server (as long as you have Calibre installed on your PC) to get your books. I prefer Aldiko but Mantano and CoolReader also have the feature.
The explanation of how to do this is at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-15-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote