View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #97
Rainmaker
Zealot
Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condillac View Post
I watched the series first, then i got curious about the book. I was reading the 3rd vol, but I dropped. Its like Issybird said, he goes on and on untill the end of the book... on the last 100 pages everything that should have happened happens and the book ends.

About the tv show and the book: there is no significant differences between then. Some occasional changes just to make the series more fluide on tv, but no loss of sense. You won't get much more from the book. So if you want to know only the plot you can definitly watch the series only.
I know this might be necroposting, but I've to disagree with you Condillac.
I've read the first 5 books.
All of them work different; until the 2nd everything is quite linear. Things get tricky after/during the 2nd; he tends to go back and forth on time; making it really difficult to follow the timeline of the story.

Regarding the Books vs HBO series
Spoiler:
All of the green dreams are missed in the HBO series or sumed up in 2 minutes, while the books have entire chapters dedicated. There are many hinting details in the book that the HBO series doesn't reproduce or take even into account.
I'll say that the series would seem superfluos to someone who hasn't read the books before. Some things will seem amiss, a lot of things would need explanations, probably with spoiling part of the development.

And I have to agree, I don't like when he suddenly kills a main character out of nowhere. I'm all in for plot twists (ie: Red Wedding), but not cool with just killing characters for cliffhanging (soap opera style)
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote