View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #13
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
I don't think the Kindle Fire is really a fair comparison to the IPad - to me they seem to be aimed at a different market. It's a bit like comparing a Nikon SLR to the cheap digital camera you take on holidays - they both have a niche market (and having one doesn't rule out owning the other). I would see the real competition for the IPad being the new Asus Transformer Prime - and aimed at the same market.
I do think there is a HUGE market for a cheap no-frills tablet with wi-fi connection and bookreader software. Something that will show You Tube clips, play MP3s, let you read the news and books and catch up on Facebook. At about $200 this would sell mega-millions. I mean, we'd all like to drive the Rolls or the Merc all the time, but most of us have to make do with the 4 cylinder commuter car!
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote