View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
The 350 is worth the upgrade just for the imporved screen display. The screen on the 300 is good, but the one on the 350 really is that much better. I like the touchsreen capability too.

That being said, with 300s going for less than $100 USD. I bought one for my wife who has a vague interest in eBook reading, but isn't sure. I can't think of a better introduction to the whole eReading experience.

Oddly, I think the 350 might not be as good a first time experience. The 350 is every bit as well deigned as the 300 except for the cheap stylus (which the 300 doesn't even have and the 350 doesn't need) Even though I knew it was cheaply made, I was still put off when MINE broke while I was experimenting with it, and even more put off when I discovered that not even Sony sells replacement styluses (styli? What IS the plural form?)

Once you've been around the block once or twice, you know the stylus issue is almost irrelevant to the use of the 350, but a beginner might not. That's why I think the 300 is better for a beginner.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote