View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Tough choice, both devices are very good and either choice is a great choice.

Kindle Pros
- Physical keyboard, is much much faster than hand written notes than using the SONY virtual keyboard. On Capacitive touch screens I prefer virtual keyboards, but on eInk the screen refresh is too slow and is difficult to type/write.
- (Opinion) Note taking, highlighting, and dictionary use are much more efficient and easier to do on the Kindle.
----- 1) There are no menus just move the joystick to the location.
----- 2) You don't have to move your hands to highlight, annotate, or use the dictionary. With the SONY Touch screen you have to use two hands and you have to use a menu to access these features. (Trust me it makes a difference)
- Unless SONY really changed their way of annotation, there is no easy way to get your comments, and notes off of the SONY. The Kindle has a MyClipping.txt page for your highlights, bookmarks, and notes.
You can also use Mobipocket Reader in conjunction with your kindle to access edit your notes, but this takes a tad bit of know how, but very easy to do.

SONY Pros
- Well the touch screen feature is awesome.
- Can draw
- Has a note pad so you can take notes, not a reading feature but cool to have
- Has Reflow(but I hate this feature and never used it)

PDF
I think at this point they are both on par, none have a hard advantage over each other. Especially in contrast as was the case with K2 vs SONY 600, where the SONY 600 had much better support for PDF.

One can argue that the Panning feature the SONY 650 has is much better than the K3, but I've found panning to just be difficult to read next to useless, however YMMV.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 10-01-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Fixed some grammer
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote