View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Paid and "internet" haven't gone over very well.
Unfortunately, advertising-based websites aren't working either. The ad revenue is insufficient to support the businesses, which is why they are generally tanking, and both Murdoch and the NY Times are planning to put up paywalls.

I'd imagine that the magazine apps will be good for offline reading, better layout and design, more interaction, zooming on images, changing text size. Whether that will be sufficient to encourage people to buy them, that I don't know. You've had years of people expecting the magazines for free, and a device with a mobile browser.

I suspect magazines that do actual reporting, rather than opinion and commentary (which is relatively cheap), will have to put up paywalls or go out of business.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote