View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #211
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Do you mean "merge them into one dictionary for the Kobo" ?

Unfortunately the merging function is not implemented in Penelope yet. Meanwhile, you can do the following:

1) Convert first StarDict dictionary to XML
2) Convert second StarDict dictionary to XML
3) Concatenate the two XML files of 1) and 2) (deleting the "tail/header" at the joining site) into a single XML file
4) Convert the XML file of step 3) into Kobo format
Well.. Yeah, I'm gonna use it on kobo glo.

I had to check in dictionary what does 'Concatenate' means And yes, that's what I would like to do - join them into one single dict.

Basically I should use Penelope to convert those stardict files to XML, then use notepad++ for joining/Concatenating them into single xml and then again convert it to desired format.

So what if I wanted to add another language to english-english dictionary, to have english-english-polish dict? So then I could read english definiton of a word and if that wouldn't help me in understanding it I would have polish translation under english definition. I think somebody have done something like that
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote