View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #239
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
@bhaak

i've done more tests and i think i've figured out how to read Chinese text in the Reader.

txt - the text has to be encoded in UTF8 and "Preformatted text" has to be set to Off.

epub - thanks for your hint, Chinese text will display without problems when "Document embedded styles" is set to off. Unfortunately, the formatting of the page is not perfect - punctuation marks which shouldn't appear in the 1st column such as , . ? ) etc will appear there. but i suppose nothing can be done to fix this problem.

mobi - no problem except the punctuation marks issue mentioned above.

but i've problem reading a particular mobi book, the error message is "Error reading PDB format, can't open document". i've enclosed the book here, could you please see if you know what's wrong with the book. i can read the book in Kindle.

thanks for your great help.
Quite an old post, yiming. I've tried several Gui Launcher applications and they works pretty well. I chose HackedUpReader to read my Chinese epub books in the hope of avoiding to install duokan, but it seems that's quite impossible. It has such a bad Chinese font rendering for txt and epub though I did try my best to adjust those configurations. I am using bhaak's 1.3.2 version, and I failed to find there is a "Document embedded styles" option. And there is also a library.so something. Does it give any help? I am feeling very appreciated for your help last time about how to install Chinese fonts in simple way, now my kindle reads Chinese very neatly. Could you please give me any direction this time? Thanks.

Last edited by johnleo; 11-19-2012 at 08:32 PM.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote