View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpryan View Post
Well, I took the leap and rooted using 3.0 on my 1.1 CN.

All is working great! I love this. But, I install things from the market and they don't show up in my extras. How come? Where do they go?

-Jim
Another option is to install 2 apps available in the Market: home switcher and Zeam (or another home screen / launcher program). The alternative home screens update immediately when you install a new app.

One other thing to consider: once you have set your NC up the way you like it, you may find yourself downloading apps much less; and so the "reboot to refresh" or "kill home screen to refresh" may not be much of an issue.

However, I use Zeam as my default home screen/launcher. I like a clean home screen - I only have a few icons on the bottom bar, and a clock on my main screen. I keep shortcuts on the other home screens (not the default). On the rare occasions I need the actual B&N home screen / launcher, I run the app "home switcher" and select Home.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote