View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
I am not sure (and would like to be corrected if I am wrong) that this is equivalent to what HarryT suggested.

I think that calibre will create TOC entries based on <h2> tags, but will not create an individual xhtml file for each chapter. I know for sure that ADE on my prs505 favours bigger number of smaller files inside epub. A chapter per xhtml file is about right.
Not exactly what HarryT was suggesting. He suggested you manually break the text apart into chapters. I am suggesting you let calibre do that. Yes, it really will. Here's how:

If you are converting, say, one single html file to epub, and in that html file all your chapters have an <h1>Chapter so-and-so</h1> header you can put the html file into calibre and click on "convert books." In the pop up menu, select the "structure detection" tab and use the wizard for "detect chapters at" to indicate what the chapter tags are (<h1> in the above example). For "chapter mark" select "pagebreak" in the drop-down box.

Then on the "EPUB output" page, be sure "Do not split on page breaks" is NOT checked. That should cause calibre to break up the book by chapter, when you perform the conversion.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote