View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I concur with the article. Well, I actually like iBooks better than the guy in the article. It does lack night mode, true, but you CAN turn the iPad itself into night mode. I just turn the brightness way down and find it stills reads well in the dark.

I just read novels and so am not much affected by every pub rendering issue that offends some folks. I find Stanza to be excellent for reading. I love that I can customize so much. I like just dreading my finger up or down to adjust the brightness. I love pinching to zoom in the font size. I love that I can configure the colors and choose backgrounds and themes.

In addition to the excellent reading, I love the excellent support for getting books into Stanza. I can get books wirelessly from my local Calibre server....or from lots of web sources including Project Gutenberg, Fictionwise (where I've purchased a lot of books), the Baen free library, Manybooks, Feedbooks...and much more.

The main thing Stanza is missing is support fir Adobe ADE. If it did, I'd try checking out ebooks from the local library. I tried txtr and HATED the reading experience. I just can't stand the scrolling metaphor. There website was extremely slow and clunky for getting books, and it's the only way to get books.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote