View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
It will charge from any usb charger, so if you have one already use it. It would need to give out at least 500mA, but that should be pretty standard.
The DR1000 is pretty picky about the voltage as well. The USB spec says it's supposed to be 5V, but there are some cheap wall chargers out there that don't follow it very closely. I know of at least one case where a DR1000 reseller that was offering a USB wall charger as an accessory that was only putting out 2V. Lots of DR users were reporting problems with it, so I don't think it was just a single bad piece of hardware.

I think with those third party chargers, you've got some good brands and some bad ones. The DR seems to be a little more picky than other USB devices, so bad brands cause more problems with it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote