View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Why not turn tropes on their ear, and name him something decidedly UNsexy?

I mean, we've all seen, for example,the ubiquitous ultra-sexy male vamps, from Lestat to Victor to Jean-Claude, yadda. It's really old, in some ways.

What about...Dudley? George? (The Georges on the forum, forgive me.) Fred? (Ditto.).

Just twist it up, and tweak your reader. If it were me, I'd talk about yon Studly Do Right, in a way that leads the reader to believe that he's completely different--a nerd, etc., by using a nerdly or dull name, like Dudley or Duddley. Then surprise them, with his studly good looks.

Just an idea.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote