View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Name of a character help

Okay, the other thread was such a thumping success, I thought I'd try out this one. It's the sort of thing that I fret waaaay too much about and sometimes can't get passed - which in this case, is just ridiculous, but...

I've got a never seen, only talked about, character. He's incredibly good looking. He's been assigned as an assistant to my female MC. The idea of him (poor pet) is that all the MC's colleagues talk and speculate about him. We don't know anything else about him and he never actually is in any scenes, just that he's stunning. In my head is a lovely guy, so I don't want to make fun of him or saddle him with a p0rn name.

My initial name for him is "Fabio" (which he currently is all through a 90% finished story) but...it's too...bodice rippery, I think. I have a vision of totally ripped Fabio on a romance type novel cover wearing only half a white shirt*.

I'm thinking something French or Italian (because everything seems sexier in French or Italian). But...my google-fu has failed me. There must be a better name for poor Fabio that isn't too over the top or cliched.

I usually don't have issues naming characters. I don't always name them in the early stages, so I just use AAA, BBB, CCC etc throughout and then do a search & replace when the story is just about done. But Fabio has me stumped. I can currently search but not...replace. Drat it all.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Edit: I just found this (it was link on a possum learning to knit site). Hmm.

* I think there actually was a guy named Fabio who made a living being a romance novel cover model, so this is another reason his name has to change.

Last edited by skb; 03-03-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Knitting possums for the win!
skb is offline   Reply With Quote