View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #16026
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's the weird US copyright laws. In the US about 10 of the short stories are still in copyright.
Yes, I know the later stories are still under US copyright. What I actually meant was that Anthony Horowitz is a British author, and hence doesn't need anyone's permission to write a Sherlock Holmes story, because all the Holmes stories are in the UK public domain . Hence my question about what permission he would require.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote