View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That's good that the backup worked. I haven't done a full backup and restore like that, but I have replaced the database with a backup a few times.

As you have a good restore mechanism, there is something that would be good to try: logout of the Kobo account on the device. This will remove the current database and replace it with a new empty database and then restart. You will be prompted to login and do the setup again. But it won't go back to the factory installed database. After that, see what happens when you add the book.

The reason for this is in case there is a problem with the your backup of the database that we can't see. I have looked at the two copies you sent me. While I can't see anything in the good version that would explain the problem. But, I also don't get the problem on my device when I load the book you are using onto my either my Touch or Glo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote