View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #15
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
I have, with a bit of trepidation added a .zip file containing a copy of the same bible in a rather unusual PDF form.

As many of you know navigation within documents with large or fairly complex TOC requirements have serious problems in the .lrf format because of the inability to constuct nested TOCs in the .lrf format. This is such an overweening problem that Sony elected to put their on Reader manual in PDF format. Yet many have hesitated from using PDF because of the rather miserable appearance of many PDF formatted files on the Reader.

Since Sony had managed a reasonably good appearing manual in PDF format I assumed that it could be done. With a bit of thought and some really miserable first attempts I have arrived at a custom PDF format that appears reasonably well on the Reader with two levels of magnification in the bargin. I suspect that three is undoable. The navigation is much easier, much more intutive, and - once the file has been fully loaded somewhat faster than any other method I have found to date.

There are two downside issues. The file is large (about 26 Mb) and I doubt that because of some of what I had to do to make it really work on the Sony Reader that it would be of much use on other platforms.

If you are interested in looking at the pdf file follow the link below:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20067

Last edited by Deputy-Dawg; 02-03-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Moved PDF files
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote