View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
In adding the books to a Collection wouldn't it take four bumps of the Menu key to return to the Collection menu and then more "ups" and "downs" to find the book and so, in moving from book to book, present a tedious "collection" of key strokes?

I have come up with a simple way to move from book-to-book. Using the KJV available free (or 1.99) from the Sony Connect store and using the Medium size font (for my tired old eyes) I simply made a list of page numbers giving on what "page" the various books started. For example, Matthew starts on 5326. Type in 5326 using the number keys, press the center Enter key and it jumps to Chapter 1 of Matthew. Still no way to jump to a particular chapter much less a verse but I am thinking of expanding on my list of book page numbers to add certain (not all) chapters within certain books.

It is also possible to estimate the middle, beginning or end of a book. Job starts on page 3054 Psalms on 3237. So, 3150 wold be about the middle of Job.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote